Monday, August 13, 2007

Red Sydney

On Friday night after work I felt like I was on a trip out to Luton for a cheap cheap fare - Melbourne's version is Avalon! Was reminiscing all the way out on the bus! And then my flight was delayed...very London!!

I finally arrived in Sydney for a weekend of catching up with mates. The lovely Miss Leilah and her Vincent came to pick me up from the airport, and proceeded to lead a wine fueled catch up at their apartment.

Saturday morning, while my hosts were in wedding planning phase, I was picked up by Belinda, who was given the mission of making sure I could watch the footy in Sydney! She came up with the goods too, as we settled into beers and the Hawthorn v Brisbane match at the Doncaster in Randwick. Was good to catch up with her, and especially to see the Hawks win!

Then it was onto the primary reason for traveling up for the weekend - Jess' 30th birthday party. 'Paint the town red' was the theme, and it was at a venue in a suburb of Sydney I will never be able to pronounce (I needed to direct the taxi driver from his own Sydways!). Was good to see the Wilson's in the short trip home, and to celebrate her getting old!!!

Sunday saw sunshine and a 25C day. Leilah, her dad and I headed out to the Mudgee Food and Wine Festival in Balmoral, for gorgeous views in the hills, red wine tastings, and a healthly dose of vitamin D!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...