Monday, August 11, 2014

The Colours Of Bo-Kaap


South Africa is labelled the Rainbow Nation, and the colours throughout in many aspects are brilliant and enchanting. None other than this small neighbourhood just off the main street in Cape Town.


I spotted these as I picked up, and dropped off my hire car for my roadtrip, and just had to take a walk to get a closer look at this row of homes


Imagine the feelings of hope and happiness every day, walking out your front door to these bright colours! Even on the day that I was there taking these photos, it was overcast, but the colours bring such life to the street!


A bit of research tells me that this was the old Malay Quarter, with a mosque, but also known as a more multicultural area of the city. Although this flavour of the area is diminishing as more wealthy people are buying a piece of colourful housing for their own. Let's hope gentrification does not make this strip of character lose it's colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...