Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chinese Fishermen of Toronto

The examples of street art around Toronto are so varied, and some are so beautiful. This collection has caught my eye during my time here.


I spotted this fisherman with his catch down on Queen Street West, across the road from CAMH. I had read some talk about it's threat, given that the building has been sold, and the ongoing Toronto talk to clearing the city of graffiti.


These other pieces catch my eye on my walk to work, almost everyday, as I take Dundas Street West through Chinatown.


These characters are so well painted, and bring to life a neighbourhood as well as an otherwise dull brick wall along a non-descript alleyway. Why would anyone want to rob a city of such magic, creativity and escapism??!?

4 comments:

  1. I love these murals - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many examples of amazing art around the streets of Toronto - you would love it!

      Delete
  2. Hope they leave these up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, me too! This art is so part of the cultural richness of the city!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...