Saturday, February 08, 2014

Farewell To Nauru, For Now


Yeah, so I have been a bit offline of late, with dodgy internet access for the last rotation in Nauru for the last 2.5 weeks. I returned home on Friday with a day of travel, but not before my much desired photo on the runway. Where else could you get to wander onto an International runway like this!?!

My 2.5 weeks went fast, and then not fast at all with the 12 hours a day and tough work. Some amazing times with my incredible colleagues, and some seriously precious and rewarding working moments with my clients. Such an unforgettable experience.

I don't really feel like I am finished with this Nauru chapter, and my work with this special client population, and so now I am looking into options to get back there for work, with my contract now finished. We will see what happens - which was so my words of advice to so many within my work!

I have a few posts to share about Nauru, all in good time, but in the meantime you can check out some of my photos from the island here.

Meanwhile, I am off for some travel to rest and restore my post-Nauru blues and heavy heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...