Monday, October 03, 2005

The Tate and Frida

Yesterday I took myself off to the Tate Modern to view the Frida Kahlo exhibition.

Before my entry into the exhibit, I wandered around the general collection. It's so cool that most of these galleries all over London are free, and so you can absorb all these pieces whenever you want. Picasso's Weeping Woman is on display here, and it's quite enchanting.

Having just read a book about Kahlo and her affair with Trotsky, and hearing different people's reports on her work, it sounded like something that would appeal to me. And certainly the grief, the look at disability, miscarriage, and self were all interesting. The Broken Column was the one that had me standing in front of it the longest. The experience of disability at such a young age is all right there, isn't it!

After the two weeks of training for work, I am now up and running, and ready to get on with it. Billable hours, overtime and bonuses will be my world of work from now on!

Shopping in Oxford Street awaits for today, to try and address that "I don't have anything to wear" routine every morning before work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...