Friday, May 19, 2006

The NHS

Last night, and another night during the week, I have spend a couple of hours visiting one of my friends in St Mary's Hospital. She had been in since Friday, mainly waiting around for tests, and then waiting for a consultant to see her, then waiting for more tests... Home now though, and all ok.

The National Health Service in the UK is terrible. The bane of my existance at work, it's is over-worked, under-funded...and St Mary's is just...yuck. My friend was in a dingy little room for the whole 5 days, and walking up to see her on the ward, it was just grimy. Ewwwww.

Certainly makes me appreciate the health care we have in Australia, no matter how much I used to bag it. The NHS makes Aussie government services look first rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...