Monday, November 02, 2009

NaBloPoMo II

I have signed up for NaBloPoMo again this year, after making it through the month successfully last year. The challenge is to post every day for the month of November. The challenge is kind of laughable to me this year, given that I have about 2 months worth of posts over September and October still in note and draft format...but I am going to give it a crack anyway!

Last year I really do think it sparked a renewed blogging enthusiasm, and encouraged a much more frenetic posting activity here for most of this year.

I have hit a wall in my bloggy commitment just recently, as my work/life balance has tipped to the wrong side....which is perhaps just another reason to encourage this challenge, and see if I can tip it back a bit!

Last year also meant that I played around and read loads of other blogs too, through the NaBloPoMo site blogroll. Numerous adds to the Google Reader, so all good.

A tip from Jess last year was to work with some themes, to get through the days lacking in inspiration. And random thoughts are not really the flavour of Jouljet. I have quite a few gigs booked and planned for the month, so there is some posting right there. The Project 2009 is a post per week, as the bar discovery continues for the remainder of the year.

But there are actually big life changes in the midst at the moment for me, so that will be fodder for the blogger! Loads to chat about there, the ossilating thoughts about it, the justifications, the angst, the preparations.

Plus, I had thought since last NaBloPoMo that I could do a High Fidelity style Top 5s, as a way of working through any dire last minute postings. Cos the panic of some days last year will need a pre-pondered theme to save me this year, given the madness of the aforemention inbalance!

So here's to a bloggy November, and a renewed Jouljet into 2010! Hopefully I'll even catch up and finished my older posts for this year, too. Good luck to other challenge participants! I know Nicole has signed up....anyone else?

3 comments:

  1. good luck tash! You're blogging for me too this year :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realised that worst-case scenario if I do get blogger's block, I could always take on some of those random tags that are floating out there! :)

    By the way, I got asked this question by someone else doing NaBloPoMo for the first time and might ask you as you have experienced it before --- are we supposed to link our posts to the NaBloPoMo website??

    Anyway, good luck with blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey PB. Signing up to the Nov blogroll will submit you as a participant, and have you coming up on the Randomiser....you can copy each of your posts into your profile page if you wish, but not needed as an entry. Good luck to you too!

    Jess....can't believe you are not doing it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...