Saturday, June 11, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: A Song From Your Favourite Band


O Valencia! by The Decemberists


A Latin American Romeo and Juliet story....just gorgeous.

The Decemberists, hailing from Portland, Oregon, USA, are the stand out band for me for Day 11 of the 30 Day Song Challenge. The engaging storytelling of each song, the continuous nature of their Hazards Of Love album, and their instrumental range have me listening over and over. And I will never tire of listening to Colin's voice - easily one I could listen to forever! Their release for 2011 would be high, if not top, of my list of Album of the Year already.

I don't quite know what this video is about really, cos I am sure I have heard Colin explain the actual story at a gig.

At last year's show they had claimed 'see you next year', however the news of Jenny Conlee's breast cancer may make this very difficult. Good luck to Jenny with her fight, and here's hoping we hear the band's tunes on our shores again soon. A brilliant indie folk rock band.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...