Saturday, June 04, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: A Song That Makes You Sad


London Still by The Waifs

Gets me everytime, especially live, but particularly when I am away, anywhere, doing anything. The homesickness song that calls to every Aussie no matter where and what you are doing, when you are far from home, family and friends.

Day 4 for the 30 Day Song Challenge, is a track I first heard sung acoustic by the very talented Dom, at the Peace Cafe in Phnom Penh. I don't even think we had been there all that long in reality, but it still captured those growing pangs for home. And then, of course, when I was indeed living in London, this song would catch me unawares and bring me undone on occasion!

Those lines in the final verse catches me everytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...