Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Getting Back On The Long Haul

Whilst a couple of my mates are currently fighting it out over their very impressive and highly competitive country count, as a physical challenge, my annual Visited Countries post is the same as last year.


visited 32 states (14.2%)

But there is no room for despair, because if I can finish off this final essay for uni, and get my caseload organised, and get someone to drive me to the airport on Friday night, I am off again to colour in a major area of this map. Very exciting, and something I have wanted to do for years and years.

So, I have had to retire my well loved and much traveled passport, and my new little blue book with it's chip in it has been sent off for 3 page-sized new stickers, ready for this trip. I have been in discussions with my GP, and I have my clexane injections at the ready. With my flights, I will have before and one after my big long haul flight, fun. And then one on the way back, which is just a 10 hour flight. And some up my sleeve for any leg cramp niggles....when in doubt, jab, I guess! Plus the peg legs, I will also have to try to remember not to sleep for the whole first flight, and get up and walk around. One of those annoying people, but I'll do anything not to have another DVT!

I have also just paid for my travel insurance, with my pre-existing coverage for DVT, ohhhh, the Carribean cricket trip that keeps on giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...