Thursday, March 22, 2007

Employment

I start a new job tomorrow! After much drama, and second interviewing and chasing references (Thanks Scott!), I was offered the position on Monday, and I start tomorrow!

The position is a six month contract with Konekt, an Australia rehabilitation company. The job is to be one of their Psychologists, which will also let me commence my Probationary period, to work towards proper registration. All good.

So much drama with the job hunt, with a time where I was getting nothing. Then an influx of interviews hit - and I was offered four of these jobs! The decisions of what job to take, or to hold out for, and the task of rejecting offers was all a bit of anxiousness...but all good in the end.

Plus it's in the CBD! Queens Street! This means wearing 'corporate'...whatever that means!! Total frauding!! Hee hee!

So looking forward to getting started with setting up life in Melbourne again. The ideal will be to reconstruct my life in London, with people to see, drinks to be drunk, and places to visit, things to do! The challenge begins!

2 comments:

  1. *G* reconstruct your life in London? Are you going to start packing your own bags at the supermarket and bumping into people as you walk down the street?

    doh! I sound so cynical and jaded...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job!

    I didn't know until Natalie told me you had mentioned it on your blog - your blog posts haven't come through on my RSS feed recently for some reason. I'll look into that!

    Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you when I was in Melbs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...