Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Money For Nothing

It's been over two months now since I finished work in London, and headed home. Now that the Summer Of Tash and the cricket tour is done and dusted, it must be time to face reality...this means finding a job, somewhere to live, obtaining a car, and setting up life again. All sounds like too much work!!

I have signed up for the dreaded Newstart Allowance, and am now a slave to Centrelink so that I can get a small amount of living asistance while I search for work. And they make you work for it - I have to prove I have made contacts for eight jobs a fortnight!

I am looking for work, but am in that dilemma about whether to get a job to bring up the cash flow, or wait it out until something exciting, and something that I want to do, comes along. Of course, this is also made more difficult by the fact that I don't reall know what I think would be exciting, thus making the task of finding that amazing job just a little more tricky!!

I have had a job interview, and am looking at lining up some locum work in the meantime while I keep searching, and whilst I am waiting to hear from from jobs applied for.

How can I still have the "I don't know what I want to be when I grow up" question, when I will be 30 this year!! Very scary! The problem is, really, too many options! I want to get my Psychologist registration sorted out and completed. But what kind of psych? Will I stick with kids and families? Back to Rehab for good money? Or dabble in the forensic that I have always thought about?? Too many options!

In the meantime, I am reading lots, doing odd jobs that I haven't done for years (I still have my photos from Cambodia to put in an album!!), watching the tennis and cricket...all good. I am more afraid that I won't get bored being a bum, than anything else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...