Saturday, May 23, 2009

AIH and The Presets

On Thursday night we finally got to use tickets we bought back in March, to the pre-sale sold out show at Festival Hall. After making it back to the office from my thrid supervision session, and having my Supervision Plan approved by my supervisor, and thus ready to submit, I grabbed Dan and Mary for drinks downstairs at ...if. We were soon joined by Kym, for pre-gig drinks.

Katrina and Kylie finally made it to the big smoke in time for another round of drinks and a snack, before we piled into the car, to make our way to the venue. Arriving just as their was a lull, it was a race to get to our door, searched, padded down, and down to the fllor for a spot for the second act.

Architecture In Helsinki was actually my main reason for getting tickets to this gig, and they didn't disappoint. Opening with a new track, and then an awesome, fun Hold Music was full of energy, and led a packed multi-purpose room Fesival Hall into dacing like crazy!

A couple more new songs, including a slow one dedicated to Bert Newton, lost some of the crowd, before they launced into a cover of Teardrops, then Do The Whirlwind. That Beep had the bulk of the audience moving, the set ending too soon with Heart It Races....can't wait till they do their own shows again!

Bumping into Dianna and Amy in the crowd, our little group were soon surrounded by tall, young lads, eager for the headline act. The massive room went dark, and then with light-show backing, The Presets emerged.

Opening with a massive verson of Talk Like That, the room erupted! Songs like This Boy's In Love, and If I Know You and then Are You The One? My People, and then the encore finisher I Go Hard, I Go Home.

Top night, loud, two great Aussie bands, and I don't think I have danced that much or hard since I got old! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...