Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Top 5: Play Counts This Year

My obsession with play counts continues! Since last year's post, my iTunes play count was refreshed with the transfer to the new laptop, and I think it's interesting that one band still features within my Top 5 bands for the last 12 months, but the rest are all new artists to me during this year. These 5 bands span my 10 most played tracks.

Florence + The Machine takes number 1 spot as most played track, with Howl, but also finds the Drumming Song and Between Two Lungs in the top 10-top 5 artists spread (8 and 9). I know I played this album a lot when I first discovered it, and we played it a lot on the train this year too....but it's dominance in my most played list had made me conscious not to play it as much! Of course, I listen to my iPod on shuffle most of the time, so there's no control there! Love Florence, and I thank Jessie for sending her album over to me as a recommendation from London!

Hush by Angus and Julia Stone is next at 2, being the artist from the previous count, but these tracks from them this year are from the new album. Big Jet Plane (from Down The Way, not Lady Of The Sunshine's version, even though it's on the 'Pod) and the beautiful Santa Monica Dream come in at 4 and 5 respectively.

Have You Fallen Out Of Love? comes climbing into 3rd most played in the last 12 months, and Bats at 7. Love this album by Paul Dempsey.

Another recommendation from Miss Jessie, again sent from London during a USB swap of tracks, is Feist's 1234 at 6. Can't get enough of this one!

Gossip's Your Mangled Heart rounds out the top 10 songs, but top 5 bands - another late discovery for me this year, after the kids were raving about this band last year! The delay a product of not listening to the radio, ha!

This measure of most played appears not to be a very valid measure, however, after checking my profile on last.fm. According to that my top 5 played artists, cumulative, in the last 12 months are: Powderfinger, The Basics, Angus and Julia Stone, The Whitlams, and The Decemberists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...